Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sick... again

Ugh, I have the cold again and I know exactly how I got it. So a friend was over last week and we had some drinks. She had a cold and I knew about it. Only, I wasn't thinking when I poured her a re-fill and she said right after that she had to go home. So I poured the drink back in the bottle. Stupid, Patrick. About five days later I decided I wanted to warm up to some homework and took a glass of Irish Cream to the dry. And here I am, two days after that with the beginnings of a cold. Ugh.

Because there is little else to do, I am going to translate a recent article in El Mercurio, a Chilean paper.

Chile Top South American country to live in
by María de los Ángeles Naudon D.

Once again, we are the top ranked in the region. According to an recent ranking published in the magazine, 'The Economist', our country is the best place to live inside Latin America.

Just underneath us is Mexico, Argentina and the rest of the continent.

The magazien surveyed 111 nations, placing Ireland, Switzerland and Norway in the top three. Chile took 31st. Not bad.

The Best and the Worst
  1. Ireland
  2. Switzerland
  3. Norway
  4. Luxembourg
  5. Sweden
  6. Australia
  7. Iceland
  8. Italy
  9. Denmark
  10. Spain

13. United States

25. France

31. Chile

105. Russia

111. Zimbabwe

No comments: