Sunday, August 3, 2008

Still in La Serena

I made plans to visit the pisco and wine vineyards in the Valle de Elqui today but the batteries in my alarm decided to die in the middle of the night and I missed the bus. Instead me and mis amigos took to caminando the streets of La Serena. In the Summer, supposedly the city is all hustle and bustle, but during Winter, especially on fomingo, the town is... serene? The town is, as described by one of my teachers, extremely boring. There are a few cool buildings, and I bought a bottle and food and picniced the sunset on the beach. That was fun too. I just returned from there.

Also, my English skills have dropped to disastrously low levels. I have to keep checking my grammar and vocabulary. For instance, today I wanted to say 'I don't care' in English. The way to say that in Spanish is 'No me importa', or in it's lengthier way, 'A mi no me importa'. When directly translated that means 'To me it is not important', which is exactly what I said.

I am planning out my busride now to Copiapo - a city not worth noting except is where I am staying to visit Bahia Inglesa. Here's to pleasant travels. Chau.

No comments: